RE: AIX Systems Administrator/Developer

Archives
Lori

RE: AIX Systems Administrator/Developer

Postby Lori » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:38 pm

Hello! My name is Lori Palumbo and I am the Director of HR for NFF Inc. I came across your resume on Monster.com and I would like to have an opportunity to speak with you regarding a

UNIX (AIX) Systems Administrator/Developer position that we have available in Washington, DC.

Here is the job description:

This position requires a self-motivated, experienced Unix Administrator/Developer to analyze, develop, modify and implement moderately complex information systems scripts including system administration tools.

Responsibilities include:

Translating customer requirements, recommend solutions, suggest process improvements and formulate detailed specifications conforming to standards.
Code, test, debug scripts and programs and document moderate to complex processes and update User manuals

MANDATORY and Specific Knowledge/Experience Requirements:

Must have 4+ years of UNIX commands, ability to navigate in a UNIX environment and experience designing, developing and maintaining Unix Korn Shell scripts and system programs. In-depth knowledge of AWK, SED, PVCS (configuration management), PGP, SSH, SSL, FTP services and other TCP/IP networking protocols in an AIX environment a must. Knowledge of additional languages like C/C++, Perl, MSOffice applications a plus. Strong analytical, problem solving and communications skills with the ability to multi-task. Good understanding of software life cycle development.

NFF is located downtown Washington, DC and we currently have 35 employees. We plan to grow up to 50 employees by the end of 2004. NFF is recognized as one of the leading value-added information technology solution providers and resellers in the Washington Metropolitan area. Since its inception in 1996, NFF architects, have built and supported many mission-critical IT systems. Our vision is to keep all key areas of an IT organization moving in the same direction and toward a shared goal while remaining vendor-neutral.

NFF’s approach is to work closely with our clients to find the right solution to meet their requirements. To facilitate this process, we have established key partnerships with a wide range of vendors, including Cisco Systems, Microsoft Corporation, Extreme Networks, Juniper Networks, Alcatel Corporation, Novell, Internet Security Systems (ISS), and many other IT hardware and software manufacturers.

Please submit resumes to positions@nffinc.com and put AIX Admin/Developer in the subject box.

Return to “Archives”