How do I see/change parameters like number of
processes per user?
You can use SMIT as described below or simply use lsattr/chdev.
The former will list the current setting as in:
# lsattr -E -l sys0 -a maxuproc
maxuproc 40 Maximum # of processes allowed per user True
and you can then increase the maxuproc parameter:
# chdev -l sys0 -a maxuproc=200
If you just type 'lsattr -E -l sys0' you will get a list of all
parameters, some of which can be changed but not others.
If you want to use smit, do as follows:
System Environments and Processes
Change / Show Operating System Parameters
- on this screen you can change by overtyping the following fields:
- Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user
- Maximum number of pages in block I/O BUFFER CACHE
- Maximum Kbytes of real memory allowed for MBUFS
- toggle fields exist for:
- Automatically REBOOT system after a crash (false/true)
- Continuously maintain DISK I/O history (true/false)
Info 1.30 erroneously suggests that in AIX 3.2.5 you can set different
limits for different users.